Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kristina Vance

Ode to Pumpkin Bread Pudding

Oh, how your sponge-like texture caresses
And bounces off my taste buds
with each salivating smack of my overeager lips.

Your caramel sauce drips
From your mushy crevasses
As is slithers past
Each irregular piece of your bready goodness.

My eyes are larger than my stomach
As I pass spoonful after heaping spoonful
of your irresistible, just right sweetness,
into my yearning mouth.

My spoon screams
As it scrapes the last skid-marked bits
of amber colored goo off the now lonesome plate.

I revel in ecstasy
As I feverishly gulp milk
From the small, ceramic mug –
washing down all the pumpkin taste,
leaving little hints of cinnamon
clinging fast to the top of my palette.

Oh, how you come along but once a year,
always leaving me wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment